Friday, August 24, 2012

Conundrum

Perhaps 'dilemma' is a better word. Or 'personal crisis of epic proportions.' I can't decide what race my main should be.

I loved the look of the Norn in BWE#1. I was able to create a fiery redhead that fit Liralia's personality perfectly. But...the voice...can we talk about the female norn's voice? So bad. Just because I'm big doesn't mean I'm a man. Or batting for the other team. In addition, the storyline wasn't grabbing me and everytime I had personal story with Eir the outfit just really, really bothered me. X to being Norn.

I never really considered Charr. The story was okay, but the look of the toons just isn't me. Besides, they look more like cows than cats, amiright? This has nothing to do with the fact that they're the enemy in GW, because I never played it. I just kinda hate them. X to being Charr

Asura = shaved ewoks. 'Nuff said. X to being Asura

Sylvari. I like them. I like them a lot. I like their look and their story and their starting area. I think the idea of being a Silvari engineer is quirky and a little odd, which really appeals to me. So the only hesitation is a silly, frivolous one. I want HAIR, not leaves in odd shapes on my head. Lira's supposed to be a redhead, not a poinsettia. Bleurgh. I'm conflicted.

Humans. I like their look and all the options in character creation. There are a bunch of hairstyles I like. The starting area is okay, but I've done it a couple times in beta weekends so there's that. It also seems so prosaic. I've never played a human in an MMO. Why start now?

Obviously, I've narrowed it down to Human or Sylvari, but can't make any progress past that point.

As you can see, this is a big deal. Probably world-changing. Have I mentioned that I want to play GW2 now?

No comments:

Post a Comment